Surgical Oncology is a super specialty of cancer therapy which deals with surgery for cancer. Almost 70% of the cancers need surgery as part of their integrated treatment to achieve cure. Surgery for cancer in earlier days was mutilating. Better understanding of the biology of cancer along with modern technologies and Specialised Training in Oncology has enabled surgical oncologists to perform more precise and less disabling surgeries with the goal to achieve better survival while preserving organ function.
Keeping in pace with the recent techniques and trends, the team has expertise in surgeries for following
- Gynaecological Cancers Like Uterus
- Cervix, Ovaries etc
- Laparoscopic Surgeries
- Head and Neck Cancers With Reconstruction
- Gastro Intestinal Cancers
- Mediastinoscopies and Lung Cancers Surgeries
- Pelvic Exenterations, Hemipelvectomies
- Total Spondylectomies, Sacrectomies Etc.